CHICAGO—The US industrial markets just had another historic year, with record-setting levels of absorption and vacancy, and experts say these good times should last at least through the end of 2017. Tenants absorbed 63.6 million square feet of space in the final quarter of 2016, which propelled net absorption for the year to 282.9 million square feet, according to a new year-end report from Cushman & Wakefield. The national vacancy rate for all product types continued to decline in the fourth quarter, falling 30 bps from the prior quarter and 100 bps from the prior year to 5.5%.
- Horizon Global Selects Edgerton for New Distribution Center
- UPS Announces New Distribution Center in Edgerton
- NorthPoint Development Building 777,222 Square-Foot Spec Space at Logistics Park Kansas City
- Capstone Awards 2017: Industrial – Inland Port XIV
- Capstone Awards 2017: Infrastructure – Waverly Road design-build
Sign up for